- Start near the corner of 10th Street and Seventh Avenue, on the side of the street closer to 11th Street. Note that we won't start at the corner but rather slightly away from the corner, toward the park.
- Start the watch/app (which from now on I'll just call "watch"), walk across the street then pause the watch.
- Run around the corner to 9th Street and Seventh Avenue then un-pause the watch. Wait a little bit for the straight line from 10th Street to be drawn.
- Run toward the park then turn right toward 10th Street and make a U-turn to head toward 8th Street.
- Follow arrow directions, be sure to make the kick-up at the lower left of the "5". I want to make sure "150" does not look like "ISO", so these little extra lines here and there are actually very important.
- At the corner of 7th Street and Eighth Avenue, the back corner of New York Methodist Hospital, pause watch again.
- Run around the block to the corner of 6th Street and Seventh Avenue and un-pause the watch. You should be at the entrance to Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Again, linger at the corner a few seconds to make sure the straight line from 7th Street and Eighth Avenue is drawn before continuing on.
- The rest is straightforward, IMHO. Run toward 1st Street and Seventh Avenue then loop back toward 2nd Street, run counter-clockwise as shown to make the zero.
- Stop when you get back to 1st and Seventh. The run is less than 3 miles, if you want to have more mileage, but without messing up the "0", draw the "0" again but this time at Carroll Street and Prospect Park West instead of turning into Carroll, continue on toward Grand Army Plaza. Of course, if you already stopped your watch when you first got back to 1st and Seventh you can run anywhere without marring your work of art.
Hope you find the instruction useful. Sign up for the run at